Reverse Circulation Drilling (RC)
Reverse Circulation is a drilling method widely used around the world.
RC utilises hammer design and dual wall drill pipe to enable recovery of samples uncontaminated by material interference as the sample is blown to the surface inside the drill pipe inner tube.
Conventional DTHH (RAB) and Top Hammer collar sampling are likely to experience unwanted material collection, as the desired sample is blown to the surface via the hole annulus and contaminated by the prior sample intervals.
As a result, Reverse Circulation drilling results are successfully used in resource calculations worldwide.
The ability to access difficult terrain and contour is a feature of the ROC L8 drill, and Castle Drilling Co. is well experienced and proficient in reaching such areas. A wide range of mast movement results in the ability to drill holes where geological modelling requires and typically the terrain does not.
Technology incorporated in drill rig design assists the operator in drilling holes to the correct depth, azimuth and dip, as per client requirements.
In Australia, Castle Drilling is a front-runner using small RC drill rigs whose small footprint eliminates the need for extensive earthworks meaning minimal environmental impact.
- The large volume of sample collected by Reverse Circulation systems
- Rapid retrieval of drill cuttings and superior production rates than diamond core drilling, means you get results from Reverse Circulation drilling faster.
- RC drilling also has a small rig footprint for drilling within 500m surface RL
- RC drilling offers a more cost-effective drilling method for assaying chip samples and getting preliminary geological data before investing further
- RC drilling’s high rate of penetration (depending on ground conditions) can often mean significant cost savings.
Castle Drilling Co.
You need a drilling services contractor with a solid reputation for operating responsibly in the communities in which you operate.
You need safe and compliant reverse circulation drilling contractors that employ the most effective safety programs and cultivate a safety culture.
At Castle Drilling, we understand that our clients need for the best possible service at the lowest rate, with no compromise to safety.